Friday 2 October 2009

Waves of Good bye


I wrote this sometime ago after hearing a story of a friend, who's fiancée had been swept away by the tsunami waves in Srilanka. A tsunami had just hit a set of south pacific islands and many more 'Annas' would have been swept away.

This is a tribute to all those who lost their lives and for the souls who lost their loved ones.


There she was, in her best Sunday attire
Prettier than the bright morning sky
Walking down the isles of Galle with my child to be
Was my lovely Anna in her own Lankan way

Swaying to the beautiful tunes of the morning sea
The trees sang a song of their own that day
A lone pelican kept on looking at the sea
Praying for some morning prey or for all of us ashore

The waters were calm, yet they had some bite
Anna was playing with the fresh morning waves
Her sweet ways reminded me of an angel who had lost her way
All I had was glad as I admired my bride to be all day

Suddenly the wind had a howl and the sea a roar
The sky turned grey and the birds flew the other way
The children cried and the music died half way
As Mother Nature sent her seas to take us away

Many save me's, and I love you cries, were heard side by side
Anna's eyes twinkled like a dear fearing a hunter's arrow
She kept her hands on our future and waved her last goodbye
As I watched the mother of my child being swept away forever

No comments:

Post a Comment